The palettes are organised by temperature and as the names suggest, the "Fire" palette is geared more towards warm and "Ice" is meant for those with cooler undertones, so finding your combo is as easy as knowing your skin's undertone. In also included an opposite shade in each palette to be used for mixing, balancing or creating a more dimensional look. The creamy consistency and rich formula make the shades extremely versatile, so the product can also be used for concealing and/or overall foundation. The included detailing brush is great for touch ups on the go or minor cover-up.
Model Skin Tone: Medium with Warm, Yellow Undertones
Model Face Shape: Round with prominent cheekbones
- Target Zones: Minimize wide forehead and jawline; define nose; highlight high points of the face
Contouring Tutorial Step by Step:
- Apply foundation base. Model used Halo from the Sculpt Series Ice Palette to cover any imperfections and blemishes.
- Using a foundation brush, apply the desired contour shade to the sides of the forehead and use the tip of the brush to paint two thin lines along the sides of the nose, connecting them at the bottom. Use the remainder of the product on the brush to shade the triangular area below the cheekbone, jawline and chin.Because model face is already pretty angular, Model using Blaze from the Sculpt Series Fire Palette to contour, a colour that's a few shades darker than my skin tone. For a more defined look, use the deepest shade in the palette: Heat.
- Using a foundation or concealer brush, apply the desired highlight shade to the triangular area under the eye, along the side of the nose and on top of the cheekbones. Add a thin line of highlight down the nose bridge, between the brows and on the center of the chin.Model using Ignite from the Sculpt Series Fire Palette, a color that's a few shades lighter than model skin tone.
- Using a beauty blender or Motives Jumbo Sponge Brush, blend out the highlight product by gently buffing it into the foundation base. Next, blend out the contour shade using small circular motions and patting strokes.
- Once everything is well blended, set the face with translucent or pressed powder.Model using Motives Photo Finish Powder in Neutral Medium
How many shades come in the palette?
There are four shades of crème foundation in each palette. Ice includes three cool shades with one warm, while Fire includes three warm shades with one cool. Choose the palette that works best with the undertone of your skin for enhancing your natural features.
Where can I learn how to sculpt my face and body?
Visit the Motives social media channels to learn more about sculpting the face: facebook.com/motivescosmetics; instagram.com/motivescosmetics; twitter.com/motives; pinterest.com/motivesbeauty; youtube.com/officialmotives.
Why is contouring important?
Contouring your face gives the illusion of a more perfect appearance. By contouring your face, you can hide structural imperfections, give your face balance and highlight features.
What areas are common for contouring?
The most common areas to contour are cheeks, nose, forehead and jawline. Contouring these areas gives the appearance of a balanced face. You can also contour eyes and lips to make them look bigger or smaller, fuller or slimmer.
Is Motives Mavens Sculpt Series tested on animals?
No, this product has not been animal tested.
Where to buy the Motives Mavens Scuplt Series In Australia?
Go to http://bit.ly/MavensSculpt